AG's open meeting, records seminars start Sept. 26
Have questions or concerns about Oklahoma's Open Meeting and Records laws?
You can ask First Assistant Attorney General Rob Hudson during a statewide series of seminars on the state's freedom of information laws.
Hudson will answer FOI-related questions and explain the requirements on access to public records and the conduct of public meetings.
The seminars are free and open to the public. Registration is not required.
Each will be from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The first is Sept. 26 at the Southern Oklahoma Technology Center, 2610 Sam Noble Parkway, Ardmore.
The workshops are sponsored by Attorney General Scott Pruitt, the Oklahoma Press Association, Oklahoma Newspaper Foundation and FOI Oklahoma Inc.
For more information, contact Lisa at OPA, (405) 499-0040, toll-free in Oklahoma at 1-888-815-2672 or email@example.com.
The rest of the seminars are scheduled for:
- Oct. 17: Bedouin Shrine, 201 Sixth St., Muskogee.
- Nov. 7: Metro Technology Center, Conference Center Auditorium, 1900 Springlake Drive, Oklahoma City.
- Nov. 14: High Plains Technology Center, Seminar Center, 3921 34th St., Woodward.
- Dec. 5: Tulsa Technology Center-Riverside, 801 E. 91st St., Tulsa.
- Dec. 12: Great Plains Technology Center, 4500 W. Lee Blvd., Lawton.
Joey Senat, Ph.D.
OSU School of Media & Strategic Communications