Reminder: Sunshine Conference this Saturday
Experts this Saturday will answer questions about Oklahoma's Open Meeting and Open Records laws, as well as how to use them as tools against public corruption, and how federal statutes such as FERPA and the Clery Act apply to the records of school districts and colleges.
Oklahoma Sunshine 2012: Forging a Commitment to Open Government will be at The Oklahoman, 9000 N. Broadway Extension, Oklahoma City.
Registration for walk-ins will begin at 8:30 a.m. The program begins at 9 a.m.
Scheduled speakers are:
- Adam Goldstein, attorney for the Student Press Law Center
- Julie L. Miller, general counsel for the Oklahoma State School Boards Association
- State Auditor Gary Jones
- House Speaker Kris Steele
- Rep. Jason Murphey
- Sen. David Holt
- Diane Clay of the Oklahoma Attorney General's Office
- Ryan McNeill, database editor for the Dallas Morning News
- Chris Lusk, editor of The Oklahoma Daily
- Bryan Dean, reporter for The Oklahoman and past president of FOI Oklahoma.
Recipients of the Marian Opala First Amendment Award and FOI awards will be announced during the luncheon.
Click for program and registration form.